Business Impact Analysis
This product provides the capability for an organisation to run business impact analysis (BIA) based on integrated bcPLAN – data.
The objective of the bcIMPACT is the validation of the resources maintained in bcPLAN, and which are necessary for the continuation of business-critical processes as well as the verification of the recovery time objective (RTO).
Development of the BIA proceeds as follows:
- Selection of processes and organisational units
- Impact analysis (maximum possible loss)
- Determination of restart parameters
- Determining dependencies
- The identification of the critical factors within processes
- The available resources for both normal and emergency operations
- The calculation of critical resource constraints and the recovery times for those resources
BIA interview stylesheets are generated individually from EMX bcBIA BIA and are used as a conversation guide for the interviews with the process owners. Data is collected and matched with the bcPLAN -database.
Subsequently, an automated fit/gap analysis is performed;
- New processes and critical resources
- Changed processes and critical resources
- Verified processes and critical resources